The former Barcelona player makes an unexpected retaliatory move

close

It’s safe to say that Real Madrid have one of the best forward ensembles in world football. In Karim Benzema and Vinicius Jr, Los Blancos potentially have the most feared attacking duo in Europe.

Additionally, Rodrygo is one of the most gifted youngsters in the world, while Eden Hazard still possesses bags of technical quality, despite being past his prime.

ء

And with Federico Valverde’s evolution as a right winger, it’s next to impossible for most sides on the planet to hold a torch to the European champions’ options up front.

However, Gerard Deulofeu, one of Europe’s most in-form forwards has hinted at his desire to join Real Madrid, adding to their embarrassment of riches in the forward department.

“If they come, how are you going to say no?”, he said, when asked if he would be willing to join Real Madrid, by MARCA.

Ultimately, this revelation is controversial, to say the least, considering the current Udinese talisman is also a La Masia graduate.

The 28-year-old also represented Barcelona’s first team between 2011 and 2013, following which he had loan stints with Everton and Sevilla, before joining the former permanently in 2015. Deulofeu returned to Barça in 2017, but the reunion lasted just six months as he moved to Watford soon.

It is not a surprise that the temptation of playing for Real Madrid is major for any player in the world. After all, the side from the Spanish capital won a double just last season, and remain the only team in Europe to have triumphed in every game this term as well.

With five league assists for a Udinese side that are at the summit of Serie A, Deulofeu looks like a man possessed in Italy currently as well.

While some may consider the option of bringing in the Spaniard as a viable option to bolster the frontline, Real Madrid’s incredible adaptation in Benzema’s absence indicates they are more than fine up top.

During the interview, Deulofeu also named Benzema as his pick for the Ballon d’Or 2022.

RELATED TOPICS:BARCELONAGERARD DEULOFEUREAL MADRIDCLICK TO COMMENT
REAL MADRID NEWSUEFA planning new ‘mini tournament’ at the start of each season, featuring four teamsPublished 2 hours agoon September 20, 2022By Adithya EshwarlaPhoto by FRANCK FIFE/AFP via Getty Images
The format of the UEFA Champions League has faced severe criticism in recent years with several top European clubs proposing a change in its format.

The situation peaked when clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Juventus openly declared the formation of an autonomous European Super League last year.

Needless to say, UEFA have been trying to find ways to reinvent their competitions in recent years to appease both the clubs and the public. David Ornstein brings to light a new proposal on the table that the association consider introducing next year.

The new event will be a mini-tournament with four participating teams. It will be held before the start of the new season and will be called the ‘Opening Tournament.’

The winners of the previous edition of the Champions League will be given a guaranteed spot in the competition with the other three participants being top-performing European sides, likely semi-finalists.

Some powerful club executives have also been considering the possibility of hosting some matches in foreign markets like the United States, China and the Middle East. One of the main promoters of taking the games out of Europe is said to be PSG President Nasser Al-Khelaifi.

Needless to say, Real Madrid will be amongst the favourites to take part in the event given their terrific form in Europe in recent years. Moreover, Florentino Perez has always been in favour of playing tournaments with stronger opposition and the new tournament is a mini version of the Super League he planned.

اترك تعليقاً

لن يتم نشر عنوان بريدك الإلكتروني. الحقول الإلزامية مشار إليها بـ *

Scroll to Top